OES is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Stanislaus County's disaster preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery programs. OES also develops and maintains the Stanislaus County Emergency Operations Plan.
The Fire Warden supports and coordinates all public fire services agencies in the County with an emphasis on special fire districts and serves as the Fire and Rescue Operational Area Coordinator.
Under the direction of the Fire Warden, The Fire Prevention Bureau provides a wide range of fire prevention services to the unincorporated areas of Stanislaus County.
The Stanislaus County EMS Agency coordinates and regulates local emergency service for the Stanislaus County EMS system. We ensure that all Advanced Life Support (ALS) responders are properly licensed and certified to give the highest quality care to those in Stanislaus County. We work in prevention and quality assurance to review cases, develop appropriate policies and implement continuous quality improvements to the emergency response system.
Who We Are
Stanislaus County Emergency Services Division is a division of the Sheriff's Office. We strive to provide a safe and resilient community through emergency management and coordination within the Stanislaus County Operational Area. Our goal is to protect lives, property and the economy by preparing, planning, mitigating, responding and recovering from disasters and emergencies.
What We Do
- We protect the public’s safety by developing and maintaining general and specific preparedness programs for the County and its nine cities
- We prevent fire hazards through fire prevention inspections and services to the unincorporated areas of Stanislaus County
- We educate and inform the public in the areas of emergency preparedness and fire prevention
- We coordinate and manage statewide requests for fire mutual aid resources
- We ensure compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directives that provide training and preparedness funding
- We provide administrative and communications assistance to local fire districts and departments in conjunction with the Stanislaus County Fire Authority
- We coordinate and regulate local emergency service for the Stanislaus County EMS system
What We Offer
- a focus on prevention – preventing emergencies by planning and preparation and preventing fire hazards by conducting plan reviews and inspections of local businesses and residential property
- a focus on customer service – all citizens and property owners in Stanislaus County
- a focus on partnerships – all County departments, the nine cities within Stanislaus County, private businesses, non-government and faith-based agencies
Chief of Emergency Services